How to focus on you

How to focus on you
The past couple of days have been absolutely hectic – I honestly haven’t stopped. I’ve been trying to cram so much in to my days and there honestly will never be enough hours for everything I would like to get done. There comes a point where you try to do too much and it exhausts you both physically and mentally – at this point it’s time to relax and focus on you for a little while.
It’s so easy to get caught up with so many other people that you’re often left thinking ‘When was the last time I did anything for myself?’ I’ve always been the kind of person to put others before myself and I probably always will be. Of course there is absolutely nothing with that as long as you also find time for yourself. At this point, I start to think about what I can do to focus on myself so I can feel 100% again:Love yourself and focus on you

Don’t spend too much time on social media

Social Media holds a massive part in my life as I’m sure it does with many other people. It has its perks but unfortunately also has its downfalls. I find myself spending so much time seeing how wonderful everybody else’s life is (or the parts they want to share) and comparing, wishing that my life was like theirs. This is literally a big fat no. Just because everyone’s life looks hunky-dory (Typing out this word feels weird) online doesn’t mean there aren’t things happening in the background getting them down too. Life throws hurdles at everybody in different ways and you are definitely not on your own. Don’t spend too much time dwelling on everyone else’s life.. Put your phone down and focus on yourself.
Another thing with social media is that there is always so much drama. There’s so many ‘indirects’ and shade being thrown around 24/7 that you often get caught up in something that doesn’t even have anything to do with you. It’s so easy to be lead in to a situation but these things tend to end up having a negative impact on your life. Keeping yourself to yourself is the best way to go and remember – ‘lowkey is key’!
focus on you

Don’t be afraid to have some ‘you’ time

Run that bubble bath.. Order that pizza and finish that bottle of Prosecco. Being with friends is always a good feeling and leaves you in a good mood afterwards, but there is no denying that a good old pamper will bring those spirits back up. There is nothing better than sitting in a bubble bath with a glass of prosecco, a face mask on watching netflix knowing that a dominos pizza is coming your way. On this night, do more of what makes you happy. Get those old school classics on, get your tanning mitts at the ready and pay some attention to your eyebrows. I can guarantee you that you will wake up in the morning feeling so much better about yourself.

Talk it out

When life gets in the way, there is nothing better than a good old rant about it. Let some steam out and even have a little cry – it honestly does make things better. Whether it’s with family or friends, talking through things often brings to light that problems aren’t as bad as you think they are. It’s also nice to know that you aren’t alone in these situations, there will always be people there for you. A problem shared is a problem halved.

They are definitely my three go-to’s when life gives me too many lemons. Are there any particular things you do when it all just gets too much?

Share:

15 Comments

1. March 17, 2017 / 8:50 pm

Loved this. I couldn't agree more on how important it is to unplug from the social media world. Unfortunately I can't take my own advice lol. I admit I'm on Twitter and checking my Instagram follows, likes or comments pretty much every hour. I do need to step back sometimes. A big thing that helps is talking to my boyfriend, he's at army training but when he gets out of class we spend the rest of the night on Facetime and that pulls me away from social media. Great read! x

2. March 17, 2017 / 8:54 pm

Yeah I have to admit I am dreadful at it too! It really is addictive I have to force myself to step away! Definitely important to have something/someone to take your mind off things. Thank you so much!x

3. March 17, 2017 / 8:54 pm

Love this post, it's so important to make time for ourselves away from distractions. I love 'me' time and I am so selfish with it but I feel like that's okay. Amazing post lovely xo

4. March 17, 2017 / 9:00 pm

It really is, and I honestly don't think you can be too selfish with me time. It's important to love yourself and keep on top form! Thank you so much xx

5. March 17, 2017 / 9:16 pm

It really does help so much!!x

6. March 17, 2017 / 10:19 pm

I like to go to my mums or my nanas house. My mum has a chilled out boat and canal life is great to get away and away from a screen. Nanas is full of comfort and warm and nothing better than stuffing my face in front of an open fire! X
    Lola Mia // http://www.lolitabonita.co.uk

7. March 18, 2017 / 12:49 am

I do love some me time. A lush bath bomb and some candles and I am a happy girl. I love taking breaks from social media occasionally (not that that's happened in a long time now), it's so good to just disconnect sometimes!

8. March 18, 2017 / 8:52 am

Aw that sounds amazing! Food is always the answer!!x

9. March 18, 2017 / 8:53 am

100%! It is so hard to back away from social media as we become so attached but it definitely is good for you!

10. March 20, 2017 / 5:20 pm

This was an eye opener! I cannot wait to take some time for myself and just ignore the world xx

11. March 20, 2017 / 7:14 pm

You definitely should! Taking care of yourself is key!xx

12. March 20, 2017 / 7:45 pm

I admit I have been spending too much time on social media lately – and that's probably even worse for me since I don't have a phone or laptop. Not everybody I follow on Twitter has a life that's hunky-dory though. I'm currently following 1,150 Tweeps on Twitter, and some of them have it pretty rough. Fortunately I'm not on Facebook, and I don't interact on YouTube, other than comment on the blogs of the Fbloggers who Vlog when they embed their haul and outfit videos.
    I like the advice about sharing. I agree whole heartedly. Whether it's sharing with a shrink, a good friend, in a group, with a relative, or just going on a good rant in a blog post (I've done that from time to time).
    Sometimes it helps to just unplug. If my internet service provider and NetFlix are cooperating sometimes I can find something there to watch that makes me feel better. If my body cooperates, now that Spring is here, maybe getting outside and working in the yard will help too.
    The bubble bath sounds good.

13. March 20, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I think a lot of people spend too much time on social media without even realising it until they step back! It is a lot of work to keep up with and can get quite tiring! I feel so much better after sharing stuff with people, and completely agree with Netflix – it's such a good way to wind away from everything xx